Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PAGING EVERYONE

Re: PAGING EVERYONE

I have no issues with it actually, but I am starting to get tired of getting sick from people not cleaning out there damn cars, I am going to start dressing like a doctor about to go in surgery with full arm gloves and all....

Well a few things have kept be busy over the last three years. In March of 08 we moved to the midwest in persuit of gainful employment. My job had me traveling like crazy. When I was on the forums I was on a lot more of the trip planning stuff on the Hummer and upoverland.org. Now I have a 7 month old so that takes up more time and I've gone to the dark side (sold 4runner, bought an 85 FJ60 to restore) so I'm wrenching on the 60 a lot.

However, now that we are back in SoCal and I'm not traveling for work I'd like to get back into life, hit up Pismo, the mountains, all the things I missed so much living in the flatness.

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

Also since I have an LC I'm on MUD a lot for the tech.

Frank

^You said the "M" word. Seen Brandon's 60-restoration (skinner)?

Now go out to the garage and put an alarm and hidden kill switch on the 60 before you end up in one of the threads where I always get to do this

Congrats on Daddy-Dom, whole other world isn't it?

@Avy, I know, I try to forget that stuff. It got to the point where the 3 of us w/ seniority would grab 3-4 tags to go "scope" the jobs. If it looked like the neighborhood dump-mommy-wagon or too-much-perfume-and-make-up-gal owned it we'd hand the tag(s) to the b!tches, erm, porters to run through wash n vac first. We got to the point where the owner put a sign out front that if you bring in trash all of it would end up in bags in your back seat so we could perform our job(s). I believe the porters were always sure the silver coins were left to the vacuum. This was at the dealership on the main interstate..by Friday we always had a jar of $ to buy all of us pizza and soda's for lunch.
    ~I won't come close to clearing more than $55k this year, but I'm fine w/ that. More play and family time's priceless.

Kill switch is on the list. I don't drive it much yet and it spends most of it's time in the back yard but that feature is coming. I have already been the victim of truck theft twice.

Frank

Hey Frank, it's been awhile. Don't forget, our over on Pirate as well. That's how I know you moved backed. I saw you posting in Bebe's thread. How are you liking the H3?

That H3 is one hell of a truck. It's all truck in fact. It's works so darn well I needed to get a vehicle that needed me so I got the 60. It has the dual lockers and 4:1 t-case gears so with the 35's, which fit with no lift, the real limiting factor is my aversion to body damage on such a new vehicle.

The two trucks compliment each other. The H3 is more of a trail truck. It's actually a very small vehicle. It's about as long as my wife's Vue. The LC is better to load up with a lot of gear and do the expedition thing.

Frank

Cool. You need to satisfy oir hunger with some pictures.

Bumping this thread.
    I just came across my on UY Calenders and started thinking of when this place was poppin.

I know the economy hasn't been that great.
    But I haven't see some faces post HERE in a while, and scarcely on other forums.

a few names that I hadn't thought of in a while.
    Doubledown
    SAR_Squid79
    Tofer (iirc he was selling off his off-road toyotas but I thought he still had is 2wd project)
    Xonetruthcrewx
    BruceTS
    Axleike(didn't he have a 1st gen project going on?)
    Randver

thats just a few.

I guess I just don't want this place to die.
    I don't want to be stuck going on T4R or Yotatech

Kinda miss the little family we had going on here

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Bumping this thread.
    I just came across my on UY Calenders and started thinking of when this place was poppin.

I know the economy hasn't been that great.
    But I haven't see some faces post HERE in a while, and scarcely on other forums.

a few names that I hadn't thought of in a while.
    Doubledown
    SAR_Squid79
    Tofer (iirc he was selling off his off-road toyotas but I thought he still had is 2wd project)
    Xonetruthcrewx
    BruceTS
    Axleike(didn't he have a 1st gen project going on?)
    Randver

thats just a few.

I guess I just don't want this place to die.
    I don't want to be stuck going on T4R or Yotatech

Kinda miss the little family we had going on here
    X2

I haven't seen the following either:

Fustercluck
    freefallmarine
    callmej
    oly884
    jnj
    scuba

Seems like a lot of people haven't been posting lately.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast