Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PAGING EVERYONE

Re: PAGING EVERYONE

Marc, yup working lots of hours, trying to get somewhere.
    I haven't done anything to the 4Runner, I am just trying to get it back to a reliable Mall Crawler state, after thats done I am saving up to move out...

I hate that I too may be falling out of the off-roading scene, its probably the only thing that defines me, but its not a popular scene around this part of the country and moving any farther away from where I am at is not an option...

Such as life, at least we are all alive and breathing and taking care of ourselves

I still check in, but after getting rid of Goldmember I am not wheeling. I have been on R/C forums more recently.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

I'm still here and check in a couple times a day. I haven't been doing too much off roading ever since moving out to AZ. Plus, right now it's the off season since it's so hot here. This might change once my friend and I get his FJ40 up and running, but that probably won't be until the first half of next year.

I've also been getting more into competitive shooting and also photography. Facebook is also taking away some of the posts that, just a few years ago, I would have posted to forums.

Tom's been gone for a while now. Once he had his kids and moving to "flat as a board" Iowa where there's no rockcrawling, he didn't have much use for an off road forum. I haven't heard from him in years now.

Anyway, yeah, I'm still here.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I really just put my truck back to stock pretty much,sold my BJ spacers, remove my add a leafs, still have those sweet mickey thompsons with dueler revos in my shed tho. Ever since I ruined my axle shafts and axle housing by making the truck jump some whoops I cant get ahead. Seems one thign after another breaks on me, I mean I do have 212k (and need to do a timing belt/water pump badly but I cant afford it or have time!). Replaced my steering box, ball joints again (2x now in 25k I need to fix the bumpstops! they bent I found from the whoops but again no time!)

I removed the snorkel and patched the fender for now with red duct tape lol.Just got sick of it and since I wasnt doing any offroading why do I need it? Did get alot of compliments on it tho for some abs piping sticking outta the fender! Got a good fender I need to paint it too. Working on finding an axle, cause I about fixed everything wrong on the T100, might as well put an axle in at this point. The T100 still runs well, even tho my #2 plug blew out on me last year (hasnt since I fixed it thank god!)

Still have the F250 I bought last year that needs an engine (or perhaps heads IDK Im sick of thinking about it and it just sits anyways). I got out of offroading b/c its to danged $$$, theres not many places to really go unless you drive far and daily driver offroaders just didnt work out for me lol.

Im into quads now, it breaks well it isnt cheap but its cheaper than the truck. Plenty of places to ride and got quite a few friends into it. Nothing like being able to jump thru the air 40 ft and land too lol. Real sense of accomplishment when you dont fall and wreck too. Quite fun to ride imho vs the truck and I dont worry so much about it since if it does break its not like I need to use it tomorrow to go somewhere.

Other than that working for a landscaper and scraping by, going back to school this fall as well. Not sure wtf Im gonna do when school starts, will probably have to pick up a part time job or soemthing since I cant work regular hours with school schedule.

Bout it really.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Im here and still alive but I only check the boards a couple times a week in the off season

I am posting more now that I can work on my project. Took a good year to get set with the new job and move which took over a year to get. Now settled and can start with mine and everyone bails. How typical. Bastards! :P

Yeah, I miss fuster to see how to do a build right. But there's still a lot of custom stuff done on here and it's still better than TOF with its High Schooler what is the biggest tire I can run questions!

Well, hope some of the old guard and new guard chime in to give good advice on what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun

I hate that I too may be falling out of the off-roading scene, its probably the only thing that defines me, but its not a popular scene around this part of the country and moving any farther away from where I am at is not an option...

Such as life, at least we are all alive and breathing and taking care of ourselves
    I am trying to get my 4Runner set to go out with the Northeast Toyota Crawlers. They are having a Takeover run in PA on July 23-25 weekend. They are having it at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Sadly I won't make it there, but you should check it out if you can. IntrepidYota is in the NTC club too, but he has stopped since he has hurt his back. PM me if you want the link.

JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

I'm around and have been keeping tabs on the forum for the usual funny business, haha.

I've been busy with the house, life, all that fun stuff.... but try to check in. Nothing incredibly new to report with the truck other than the re-gear. Still getting out with the camper, road trips, what not. Perhaps I'll do a post one of these days highlighting my last few trips. Lots of photography, but just haven't sat down and gone through all of them.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I think a mian reason of the falling off is the economy. With the state its in, then its hard for even the more affluent among us to to justify mods, and major trips. The further down the economic ladder you go, the worse it gets, people have to sell thier rigs for one reason or another, and you wind up with not a lot of people with not a lot to say.

I , personally, have been SO busy for the past year or so with trying to get settled after the move to TN, and a new job, and the wedding coming up. Maybe after the wedding, when things settle down, I can get back to doing it right.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Sounds like a lot of people are really busy! Photography, search and rescue, families... all good stuff! I know full well I'm not a 'veteran' member, but I've stopped hanging around because I don't have a rig, and the threads that have had the most life lately have frankly been kind of boring to me. :P It'd be nice if I had more to talk about on here, my summer has been quite boring!
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

I'm around. I've been itchin to go wheelin, but gas is expensive! I'm definitely looking forward to Pismo, though. I haven't done any type of 4 wheeling since last year's Pismo! What a shame.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast