Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4runner roll over repair

4runner roll over repair

So my truck took a nap on the trail this past weekend. Ive got it all gutted now and sourcing parts and auto body service. Here is some pics that have been requested.

Tbe pillers are miraculously ok. The pasenger rear door is finished, and the roof smashed the windsheild in.

ill keep this updated with progress. rear passenger door will be super easy to replace. the sunroof im hoping to use plexy glass, but the windsheild is beyond my skills. thats the part im trying to get an autobody shop to do. I can tell thats going to be tricky. autobody shops are used to dealing with insurance where they milk the job for maximum profit. me going in and saying things like "just straighten it out a bit and get a windsheild in there. ill do the rest" is probably not there ideal profitable job.

Re: 4runner roll over repair

Wow, glad your okay.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Really Glad your OK!
    Are any of the pillars bent at all?
    If so, I might start looking for another 4Runner to swap everything over too....

Geez man, you go big or don't go at all, right? Glad you didn't get hurt and it looks like your runner will live to see the dirt again. Are you planning to keep it streetable or going for trailer-queen status with it?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Ouch! Glad your ok!

You could make the windshield straight again. Creative rigging with a hi lift and some 4x4s, straps, etc.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

lol i took body work to mean straightening a fender or something... wow!

glad you are ok! throw a highlift in the passenger seat and straighten the roof.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

x2 on the hi-lift to work the roof. We used a toyota forklift on my '84 when it barrel rolled on the interstate. Check my build thread in the garage for pics.

Glad you are okay. Looks like it will be a fun experience to fix.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

WOW!! Glad you are OK TROY. I say cut the roof and cage it. Time for a soft top. What trail? and Any video?
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

it may come down to me doing it myself if i cant get a good price on the work. the thing is i know my ability's and i will only be able to hack job it. i think its got potential to be really nice again with the right skill. I may be wrong though so im trying to figure things out. im taking it to a shop tomorrow thats local. hes the guy i showed the pictures to today and he started talking 6k-10k. the thing is hes assuming i want showroom condition and the pillars are wasted. but the pillars are good and ive got color matched paint already.

Quote Originally Posted by NakSuKow
    WOW!! Glad you are OK TROY. I say cut the roof and cage it. Time for a soft top. What trail? and Any video?
    haha it was just a optional or non line on bull frog. I hear yea on mad maxing the thing but its not too far gone yet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast