Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my 2WD build

Re: my 2WD build

thanks ..

and cab side mount

Bent up some 1/2" solid stock with the 3/16" plate . as well as a "fish plate" for the cab side , 1/2" stock actually goes threw the fish plate for a stronger "plug" weld , and a toyota stock body mount bushing , I now have the front mounted

and now the front of the cab is mounted
    still have some supports and final welding to do when I can turn over the frame , but for now it's good to go

also .. the cab now has it final "stance"

acetone can for referance ....

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

got to work today making the rear cab mounts

as with the fronts .. plug welded

and yeah!!! , cab is no mounted to the frame

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

finally got my tube contour guage , so I was able to find some time this afternoon to "fit" the front suspension .

tacked , and jack stands kicked out

trimmed up some glass pieces today ..
    time to start on the flip front

This is so awesome!

thanks ..
    slow, but sure

so havent been able to do much on my own stuff lately , so It was nice today , when I found some time ..

built a smoothie cowl and got it trimmed

then I started on the flip front

cut the fenders in 1/2 , so they would be easier to work with ..
    trimmed off the mount flanges , and "fit" them to the body .. got everything where I wanted , pulled it off , and glassed it

re installed , and "fit the bottom 1/2 of the fenders .. pulled it off , and glassed it

got a new piece today , still have to trim it out , but very happy with the outcome .

ready to start putting the flip front together

so in the pile of parts to be trimmed , finally got the bumper/valance done today !
    had to add a couple of clamps for mock up

it's rough , but will give you an idea

I'm liking it - even starting to look more like some road legal and mean
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast