Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best HID Conversion Kit Brand?

Re: Best HID Conversion Kit Brand?

I've got the DDM kit in my factory fogs as well as my Hella 500ff's.

In my headlights I've got Silverstars and I like them a lot. We actually have them in both cars and they are going on 2 years. I had them in another vehicle for close to 5 years.

I recommend TheRetroFitSource.com. I just completed a retrofit with projectors, and I am very satisfied with the results. Here's a pic:

Here's a link to the retrofit thread:
    http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...eadlights.html

Good luck!
    Bandit Runner<br />2002 Sport Edition 4wd<br /><br />Mods:<br />SS 1.2 Lift, 1.5&quot; Body Lift, 315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ&#39;s, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers and Skidplate, Custom Sliders, Eagle Alloy Wheels, Custom Snokel<br /><br />Next:&nbsp; Custom Belly Skid, Custom Roof Rack, Winch, 5.29 Gears, Locker?

I run the DDM kit in my foglights with no complaints. I have the 4200K bulbs and would like something warmer in color to better match the headlights.

I am tired of being blinded by people throwing HID bulbs in regular non-projector housings. I find that my stock headlights + my HID retrofitted Hella Micro DE foglights (a true projector, btw) put out plenty of light. The HID micro DE's put out a huge wide band of light that is great for lighting up the sides of the road on a curvy mountain road or spotting broken down cars or highway patrol sitting in the median of a freeway that would otherwise be invisible with headlights only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Runner
    I Can't wait to do that to my headlights! Exactly what I want to do!
    After putting HIDs in my regular lamps and then just taking them out cause the beam was so scattered, I feel this is really the ONLY way to do HIDs in the headlamps

Another vote for DDM tuning! I've bought four sets of their HID lights for my cars and a countless number of kits for friends without any complaints. Plus they're local to me and have just about any HID kit you want in stock!

Another vote for DDM! For the price and quality you can't go wrong with the 55W conversion (as long as they're auxillaries)

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...&topic=8171.30
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12