Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 'new' daily driver

Re: My 'new' daily driver

Hadn't crossed your mind? Are you feeling okay?

Being cut in half isn't a biggie as it would a custom install anyway.

Keep it up Mike, I know where your rig is parked.

Yeah, I cared about my DD so much that I hit a street sign with it...

But it got updated sport edition lights and fog lights!

I looks good, you should keep it up, it always nice to play a little with the DD, after all it has to be something you enjoy driving, so you have to do SOMETHING to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Keep it up Mike, I know where your rig is parked.
    I too know where to find your junk. I also know when your trash day is. I might acquire me a spoiler for later use. Lucky for you it's already white and will look great on your 4Runner.

Well, the Volvo 850 is no more. I have owned quite a few cars in my day and this one is definitely the worst vehicle I have ever owned. There were constantly things going wrong with this car, I can't even begin to narrow them down to a certain category. Mechanical, electrical and anything held on with glue (like headliners, door panels, etc) all have issues. Keep in mind this car only had 133,000 miles. All you have to do is glance at the Volvo forums and every post is about the car not starting, transmission problems, AC evaporator issues, electrical problems, broken dashboard mounts, etc. By comparison take a look at Ultimateyota and it's mostly sunshine and lollipops--talking about what mod is next or where you went on vacation, not your vehicle's chronic issues.

I had considered selling the car a few weeks ago when several things broke just in one weekend, but the car decided to finish itself-off. The coolant hose that goes to the radiator core blew on the freeway and it lost its coolant. I never saw steam and the coolant temperature gauge never left the normal range. It got so hot it ate at least the headgasket, if not the entire bottom end. I got rid of the car over the weekend, I just had no interest in keeping such a troublesome car. I am so thankful the 4Runner is not only reliable, but even though it's lifted and seen a lot of trail use, it is still quiet and comfortable to drive on long trips--this one is a keeper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123