Thread: impromptu Big Bear snow run

impromptu Big Bear snow run

Lexi and I made our way up to Big Bear today. The trip was to have lunch and drive around.

Of course, we ended up going up Polique canyon road, west across 3n16, and back towards the lake on 3n14. Somewhere around white mountain (I think, halfway across 3n16) it started snowing, fairly heavy at times. Once we got back on the highway, it got pretty heavy.

truck did great and only slid a tiny bit a few times, otherwise it was a tank out there in the semi-compacted snow. this was Lexi's first time seeing falling snow, so she was super excited.

picture highlights:

Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: impromptu Big Bear snow run

Looks like fun. I remember the days before kids when we'd go to Tahoe just for lunch. Now lunch is cramming food down our faces, the face of a child and then nap time. I go to work to relax.

Nice, I'm jealous. I miss wheelin' soooooo much.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Sweet trip, I can and can not wait for snow to come our way!
    We have a winter run in January that I am hoping for some fresh powder for.