Thread: Starting Over

Starting Over

A little over a month ago now while moving from Utah to Colorado Springs to start a new construction project for my company I rolled my 4runner just outside of Litle America, Wyoming. Good ol I-80 sucks in the winter time.

Luckly it was a low speed roll when I went off into the median I was only doing between 20-30 mph.

I walked away from this without a strach, a large part to the fact that I was wearing my seat belt.

The insurance company ended up totally the vehicle since the estimate cost to repair was more than the vehicle was worth - vehicle worth about $8500 and the repairs were estimated at $8800. With me being in Colorado and it back in Utah I was left with the choice to sell it directly to the insurance company or try to part it out (wish I would've choose this option). Due to stress from the new job, moving and the whol roll-over thing I just sold it to the insurance company.

After about a month of searching I now have a new project vehicle - 2002 Toyta 4runner Limited.

She has a few more miles on her than I care for and a little TLC buts thats okay with me.

2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: Starting Over

Congrats! Starting a new project can be fun, although I know the circumstances aren't. Did the insurance company pay you book value plus added value for the modifications? I've always wondered what I would do if something happened to mine. I would probably sell it to insurance but would be curious about the possibility about removing things like lighting additions, rock sliders, supercharger, lift parts, etc.

They gave me book valve plus a little extra. I lost out on the mods. You have to get an additional endorsement on your policy to cover the mods that you put on the vehicle.

I' could've taken the bumper and wheel but I've would have had to put the stock parts back on.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

If the truck were nearby it would be worth it.

I too have wondered about mods and/or the chance of removing items. I haven't changed too much but I've got money into it I'd like to try to get back if it were totaled.

Our old Honda was totaled when we were hit and we were paid quite well for the little guy. I didn't care much for the vehicle so I was fine with it leaving but in your case it seems like the pay out was really close to the value. I'm wondering if you say, chipped in $300 could you have had it fixed? I'd hate to loose a vehicle that was so close to being saved.

By the way I'm seeing more and more of the white on white 3rd gens here. I doubt I'm seeing the same one but it's seems like there have been 4 or 5 in the past few months. Before that I'm not sure I'd ever seen one.

Congrats on the new Project!
    And I will say I am SOOOOOO jealous!
    I love that color on the 4Runner!
    Especially with everything painted to match it makes it look so sharp!
    Can't wait to see it get built!