Thread: Saab, RIP

Saab, RIP

SAAB's long battle to cling to life seems over; the bankruptcy filing to liquidate to pay creditors is underway. After the last bid by a Chinese company, GM gave it a thumbs down and SAAB Cars now ceases to exist.

GM didn't do good things with it, but I always like the quirky pre-General Motors 900 Turbos.
    [img width=800 height=463]http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/12/saab-900.jpg[/img]

Re: Saab, RIP

Thats unfortunate, I actually liked some of the GM Saabs, still fun to drive and always will be

i side with ken on this, GM ruined that company, but the original saabs were AWESOME!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Lets be honest, they were ugly cars that no one wanted to buy... At least they aren't "too big to fail."
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I've never been a huge fan of SAAB, but the Chevy Trailblazer based 9-7x was pretty nice. It was by far the best looking out of the Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada group.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD