Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borla XR-1

Re: Borla XR-1

January 25, 2012 - 05:32:00 AM - Minneapolis MN US - Out for delivery

yay! im looking forward to hearing how it sounds!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

If someone hadn't decided to steal my camera, I would definitely make a video! One of my friends at work has a camcorder, maybe I can get him to record it.

If not, here's the one I ordered:
    2001 4Runner w/ Borla XR-1 Muffler

ta-da!

Going to stop by a local independent muffler shop after work tomorrow for an estimate... then maybe get it installed Saturday, or next week!

[Note: Those were cell phone pictures... just in case you guys thought it was weird that my camera was stolen, yet I posted pics.]

That sounds like my TRD exhaust when I first put it on, you will love it!

Exhaust is on 02/06/12. At idle.. can barely hear it in the cabin. So, much quieter than stock with rust holes. On the throttle it's definitely louder than stock with rust holes. A nicer sound for sure. Not sure how good it sounds from outside of the cabin..

I will say when they guy drove my 4Runner around to pull it into the shop it sounded real nice with the stock rust hole muffler. I didn't get a chance to listen as he drove it back around after installing the Borla because I was paying the guy at the register at the time.

PS: I got to the Muffler Clinic (independent shop) @ 7:55AM Monday morning.. they open @ 8:00 AM and the man said my best bet is to get there in the morning before other people drop off their vehicles because he doesn't do appointments.

At 8:20 AM no one had opened the place up yet.. so I looked almost directly across the street at a Midas with their 'Open' sign on. After doing a quick Google on their location to see their reviews.. determining they weren't that bad.. I called them up. They said they could do the install right then... so three minutes later I'm at Midas having an estimate done... and then the install a few minutes after that.

All in all a good experience.. I *MAY* need to go back and make sure the exhaust hanger near the tail pipe because it seems to have some play in it when I push on it with my foot. Not sure how much is acceptable? I just don't want the tail pipe bouncing all over the place on these crappy Minneapolis roads..eventually turning into a bigger problem. What do you guys think? If I push on the pipe..how much play should there be? How easy should it move?

My stock setup is quite solid. At the outlet my pipe is slightly crimped in from coming down on a rock. I assume it's always been really solid for it to come down hard enough and for the thick pipe to be dented in and not just deflect up into the bumper.

I have to replace stepdads Setup soon, stock at 240k its starting to split at the seams.

I am torn between replacing with a stock or getting a close to stock welded in.

I have a borla on my 3vz and have now for almost 3 years. its still just as sexy as the day I got it. no tarnish, good tone and worth every penny
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast