Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selenoid e.....

Selenoid e.....

So, like a big dummy I took my Taco down a trail and boom, fell into a hole that was a little deeper than i thought.. So, after i pulled her out and cleaned her, i was driving for about 2 minutes and then my scangaugeII picked up a code. Code p0770. What i am asking is, how hard and expensive is it to get it changed? Thank you for your time.
    I love my Toyotas....

Re: Selenoid e.....

Your looking to play with the valve body there.
    Don't take it to a stealer cause they will tell you that you need a trans.
    Go to a independent trans shop and get a quote from them.

so, replacing it myself is out of the question? You think if i change my trans fluid, it might clear it up? It only acts like that for the first 3or so mins, and then it runs and shifts fine..
    I love my Toyotas....

well, turns out all i needed to do was change my trans fluid... lol now gona change the filter and gasket and fluid again, soon as i get paid in bout 1 and 1/2 weeks... hopefully i saved it in time.
    I love my Toyotas....

I've never done it, but I've heard that changing solenoids aren't that bad. I think when you drop your pan, they should be right there somewhere.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I cant really imagine in my head what you did dropping into that hole that changing tranny fluid fixed...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I was thinking the same thing Chris.
    I had a double cab come in with the same code.
    Check and the fluid was perfect, no burnt smell or anything.
    Asked around the shop and confirmed with a lot of the guys that when that code comes up its usually the solenoid about to crap out, and since our shop doesn't do trans work we usually recommend a new trans.

We have no way of knowing ow long the customer has been driving around like that and if we replace the solenoid and then something else goes and we end up chasing down problems.

Well, ive already changed the fluid out twice, but it was still milky... so, this weekend, ima change out the fluid again and change the filter and gasket. The check engine light hasnt come on again since i changed it the second time, so hopefully it was the watery fluid that was throwing the code... but, i guess time will tell if its saved or not. Wish me luck. BTW, i will be running some breather lines from my front and rear diff, and from my trans...
    I love my Toyotas....

Wait hold one a minute here.
    Your trans fluid is milky?
    Check your Coolant too.
    If your trans fluid and your coolant are looking like a strawberry milk shake that usually indicates a blow radiator dude...

Check that out, if that's the case then you should get the radiator changed and get both your coolant and A/T flushed.
    And if that has happen you may be on borrowed time with your trans now...

lol well, i went trail riding the other day and was going through what i thought was about 2" of water and solid ground, when i sunk my truck. Water leaked about 4" in the interior. When i was driving the other day, i was pulling in my driveway and i heard something and then smelled burning fluid. So, i got under my truck and seen that my trans was what was leaking. I changed my trans fluid and when it drained, it was like a chocolate milk color... It threw the code p0770. and since that code and what was going on with my truck was complimenting itself i believe that i just need to change my trans fluids and filter... I changed my trans fluid twice so far and its still kinda choco milky... but the trans isnt' slipping as it was before i changed it... lol trail riding... haha
    I love my Toyotas....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast