Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selenoid e.....

Re: Selenoid e.....

I have buried my truck in some deep water too and never had that issue...
    Thats some intense stuff, you might want to drain all your fluids and refill...

yea, that was my plan anyway... i mean, all my diff's and my trans. do you think i need to change my motor oil too?
    I love my Toyotas....

yes. everything should be changed.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

You might want to flush your tranny, instead of just draining it.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Well, $165 later and ima get all the fluids, filter, and the sealant for my front and rear diff's, and for my trans. Only thing is, i don't know where i should bring it to get em all flushed and refilled. I was considering the jiffy lube, but i don't really trust them with my truck. They all seem like retards... I'll prob just take it to toyota and get them to do it being im getting all new toyota fluids anyway...
    I love my Toyotas....

the only one I would worry about flushing would be trans. Diffs, oil, and coolant, just change. IMHO.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

i think coolant is worth a flush, especially if a shop is doing it. for diffs, tcase and engine oil, id run something real cheap for 500 to 1k miles then dump it out and replace with good stuff.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i think coolant is worth a flush, especially if a shop is doing it. for diffs, tcase and engine oil, id run something real cheap for 500 to 1k miles then dump it out and replace with good stuff.
    Sean probably has a point here, about the coolant.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Never pay anybody to change out diff fluids...it's easier than changing the engine oil and they charge 3x as much.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

yea thanks guys. I was gona get the place to flush my trans and then i was gona do all the diffs. But, hopefully it cleans up soon. I don't wana have to think about buyn a new trans and then installing it.... Sounds expensive. Does anyone know about how much the A340 would cost?
    I love my Toyotas....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12