Thread: 2013 4Runner due for a face lift?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm with you, Lance. I'd take a 70 series troopy over anything Toyota offers in the U.S. I do like the 100 series though, and I would seriously consider buying one.

This is kinda off-topic, but here's what I think Toyota should do:

-Keep the Land Cruiser, but drop the price.
    -Ditch the Sequoia. The new Highlander is already larger than the previous Highlander and fits the cross-over trend that manufactures are going towards.
    -Keep the Highlander. The new larger model is a good step I think, and should offer better competition to the Chevy Traverse/GMC Acadia/Buick Enclave, Dodge Durango, and Ford Explore. The larger Highlander would pretty much replace the Sequoia.
    -Create a new FJ Cruiser with removable top and with 2 door and 4 door options. Basically a Toyota version of the Jeep Wrangler.
    -Ditch the 4Runner. Sorry. Maybe they could just sell a rebadged Prado and call it a 4Runner. Or offer the Toyota Fortuner here in the states.
    -Keep the Rav4
    -Bring the 70 series Land Cruiser here, at least just the troop carrier and pickup version (whatever that's called). Main target would be contractors.
    -Offer diesel engines in all variants.

I dunno. Anyways, I'm curious to see what the revised 5th gen has to offer.
    Last edited by DHC6twinotter; 04-18-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD