Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4Runner due for a face lift?

Yeah, the manual selector has been on the Trail Edition. The Limited had a rotary knob. I'm not sure about the SR5, but I'm assuming it had the manual selector as well.

At least Toyota got that right. And, thankfully, we still have a solid rear axle. No IRS yet.

A nice front bumper will fix most of my complaints with this design.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post

A nice front bumper will fix most of my complaints with this design.
    The entire front end is what needs to be redesigned. It's terrible. It looks like a rhinocerous. What's w/ those headlights slanted downwards to make the front end look "angry" and the slits below them? My god, this looks like a Disney cartoon car.

it looks like it already ran into a wall... I wish someone WOULD run it into a wall...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Is today April fools day? Are you serious??? What a joke, that is the worst front end I have ever seen.

The front bumper is such a substantial part of the front end that designing a half way decent looking bumper is going to be extremely difficult. Now the headlights are even slimmer and the bumper will raise even higher than this:
    Last edited by paddlenbike; 04-28-2013 at 09:31 AM.

If anyone didn't catch it the manual J-shift is gone in the trail, its like the land cruiser now, all time 4wd with the ability to lock the center diff and put in low range....

If I ever buy a 5th gen it will be before they redesigned it to the bull dog looking front -_-

If the 6th gen doesn't save it Toyota is doomed

...it's getting easier and easier to justify putting more money into my current 4Runner.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    ...it's getting easier and easier to justify putting more money into my current 4Runner.
    Agree'd, I am starting to look into buying my step-fathers 4Runner from him, fixing the few things in need and put it in storage, it may have over 256k on it but it still looks and drives like brand new.

I seem to be the minority here.. but I liked the original 5th-gen TE... and I actually don't mind the new front. At first I was I thought it was hideous, but it grew on me rather quickly. I agree designing a front bumper won't be easy.. IMO after market bumpers have generally been hideous since the 4th gen.. due to them having to be so tall.

ster of t4r did some photochopping
    Last edited by fenrisx; 05-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast